Monday 6 April 2015

Can a husband and wife be friends?

According to Six, apparently not.
Overheard on the car ride home from San Francisco yesterday after a nonsensical discussion where Q. says," Who is Six? Who is Daddy? Who is Mommy?" After the latter, the husband replied, "She's my wife. She's my best friend."
Six: "No, Dad, Mommy can't be your best friend. You're not friends."
Hubs: "Sure we are. Did you know that we've been best friends for a really long time and we decided that we were such best friends that we wanted to be together forever."
SIx: "But Dad, No. Because you can't be best friends if you are living in the same house. You can be friends before you get married, but not after you get married. It's like this. If I have a friend that's a girl and we get married, then we can't be friends anymore."
Me: "Six, we all live in the same house. We're all friends, right?"
Six: "No Mommy. You're not my friend. You're my Mom."
His analysis made me giggle in that mom way, probably because I was still smiling over my husband telling Six about how we were best friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment