Monday 6 April 2015

A vente boob and tall latte, please..

August 11, 2004

A vente boob and tall latte, please..

So some moms staged a "nurse-in" at a Maryland Starbuck's today because a breastfeeding mom was asked to cover up while nursing her daughter...or do it in the bathroom.
Now, first things first. I support breastfeeding 100%. I nursed my son for 9 months -- at 7 days I was ready to kiss the whole thing goodbye. I'm glad I stuck with it. Do it if you want, don't if it's not for you. End of conversation.
BUT...
Should you choose to breastfeed, for God's sake, cover up in public. Yes, I know, breasts are beautiful. Nursing is just nature's way of feeding our children. And hey, when else in your life will you be a 38GG?
Ladies, I beg of you, show some discretion.
Not everyone needs to see little Madison suckling your bodacious ta-ta's -- especially at your neighborhood Starbucks when they're drinking their morning espresso (men in Italy may dig this but that's another story altogether...).
So what if it makes other people uncomortable, you say, followed by, it's not a big deal. Get over it.
So fine. But I still don't need to see your boobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment